Serie A‘s Lazio are expected to complete the transfer of off-contract German striker Miroslav Klose shortly.Klose, who turned 33 last week, is expected to sign a two-year deal with the Rome club worth nearly two million pounds.
Klose’s contract with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich expires on June 30, and Bayern have confirmed that he had rejected their offer of a new one-year rolling deal.
La Liga side Valencia joined Everton in the race for the goal ace’s signature, but Lazio have emerged as front-runners.
And Klose has revealed that a move to Lazio is attractive.
“Let’s say that I am evaluating some offers and Lazio are among them,” Klose said.
“My wife and I have been to Rome on vacation and it is a fantastic city.”
“I was close to Lazio in January, but Bayern wanted money that they weren’t prepared to pay.”
“Now I am in charge of my own destiny.”
“I need to talk to the Lazio directors, but can tell the fans that if I do come, then I won’t let you down.”
“I am very enthusiastic, I work very hard and never give in.”
“My shirt is always wet through with sweat at the final whistle.”
Klose remains an important player for the German national team and feels he is capable of proving himself in a new league.
“I was no longer part of their plans, but I want to be a protagonist with the German team, so I need to play more regularly,” he said.
“I do not feel remotely old at 33. If anything, I am very motivated at the idea of starting again in a new environment.”
Klose is the second most prolific striker in Germany’s history with 61 goals in 109 international caps, just eight behind the legendary Gerd Muller.