Arnold Schwarzenegger admits to adultery

Arnold Schwarzenegger admitted to The Times on Monday that he fathered a child with a household staffer some 10 years ago. The woman was an employee of the Schwarzeneggers' for 20 years who retired earlier this year.

Arnold Schwarzenegger admits to adultery

Once Schwarzenegger stepped down as governor of California in January due to term limits, he broke the news of his love child to his wife, Maria Shriver. The couple acknowledged their separation to The Times earlier this month.

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger said Monday night in a statement to The Times. "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

Although most of the online ribbing delivered through Twitter and blogs have poked fun at Schwarzenegger through lines he spoke in blockbuster films, one of the most piercing jabs was doled out by comic Fortune Feimster, who spotlighted the former governor's history of vetoing bills that would have supported same-sex marriages.

"Good thing Arnold Schwarzenegger has been upholding the sanctity of marriage since apparently us gay folks don't know how to," Feimster tweeted.

After the jump, many more messages about Schwarzenegger's latest drama......